Back in September I read an article and saved it because I liked the message. Kindness Makes You Happy and Happiness Makes You Kind is the title of the article. I want to tie this message into the last domain of marriage, couples, romance and intimate relations.
My heart says this domain is where we have the greatest opportunity to experience kindness in giving and receiving. Or the lack of kindness. The following questions are all about you because your behavior is the only aspect you have control over.
- What sort of relationship so you want to build?
- How do you want to behave in the relationship?
- What personal qualities do you want to develop? (Kindness and compassion – include yourself)
- How would you treat your significant other if you were the ideal you in the relationship?
- What sort of ongoing activities do you want to share?
Two recent studies suggest that giving to others makes us happy, even happier than spending on ourselves. What’s more, our kindness might create a virtuous cycle that promotes lasting happiness and altruism.
Giving kindness to each other this time of year is a gift that can keep on giving.