It’s not always easy for me to laugh at myself. I suffer from a fear of looking silly or even worst yet, not smart enough. I want to belong and thought acting “normal” was one way to assure I would fit in. It is natural to want to fit in. After all, belonging to a clan or tribe is how we survived since the beginning of time.
Being able to laugh at yourself and not take yourself too serious can lighten up everyday stress. When I don’t take myself too serious, I feel liberated to make contact with joy.
Welcome to the Psychiatric Hotline.
- If you are obsessive-compulsive, please press 1 repeatedly.
- If you are co-dependent, please ask someone to press 2.
- If you have multiple personalities, please press 3, 4, 5, and 6
- If you are paranoid-delusional, we know who you are and what you want. Just stay on the line so we can trace the call.
- If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a little voice will tell you which number to press.
- If you are depressed, it doesn’t matter which number you press. No one will answer.
- If you are delusional and occasionally hallucinate, please be aware that the thing you are holding on the side of your head is alive and about to bite off your ear.
Photo Credit: Cindi Matthews
Joke Credit from the WorkJoke: Professional Jokes