Opportunities abound for you to express your value in the life domain of citizenship, environment and community. I look at this domain as connection to community on earth along with the relationship that is created between the two.
I volunteer as time allows. Here are some commitments to activities I have been involved with:
- Home Owner Association: Three years member at large
- Honor Society: One Year President Elect
- Food Bank of the Rockies: Holiday Seasons
- People House: One Year Private Practice Liaison
- Family Tree: One year Legal Advocate for Victims.
- WINGS Foundation: Speaker and Advocate for Survivors on-going
Also, I love to be in the nature. It can be the mountains, a local park or a on a lake. I gain a feeling of peace when I see the beauty our mother earth offers us. Nature is like a grand paradise.
When I am in the serenity of the mountains it feels spiritual. Hence, being in nature fits more than one life domain. And volunteering fits into work as well. I am noticing a theme. How about you? Do you see any patterns or themes as you explore your values?
- How would you like to contribute to your community or environment, e.g. through volunteering, or recycling, or supporting a group, charity, or political party?
- What sort of environments would you like to create at home and or work?
- What environments would you like to spend more time in?
As you find clarity around your values notice your feelings. Do you get excited of passionate? Look for the energy in yourself as it is pointing you towards things that will add to a sense of vitality and meaning.
This is me on an Outward Bound trip with eight other female hikers. I am on the left in the reddish top. I enjoyed a week long wilderness adventure with a community of nature lovers, adventurers and like minded people of personal growth.