Do you know what energizes you? How do you re-charge yourself? What drains your energy? By asking yourself these questions you will have a greater understanding of how to “feed” your spirit.
I am an extrovert and like being among people. Consequently, after several very cold days and staying inside at home I developed cabin fever. I felt drained. I was not motivated. I was lethargic. I felt a bit lost. Hence, I decided to make a “feel good” list of things I like. The purpose of creating the “feel good” list was to help myself discover and connect to my energy. Other than being among people, I discovered other options for me to re-charge:
- Listening to children laugh and play
- Spicy new foods
- Pursuing my dreams
- Connecting with family
- Dancing to wild music in my living room
- Watching the colors change in a lipstick colored sunset
- Playing the piano
- Miniatures rainbows cast on the floors and walls from the crystal prisms hanging in my windows
- Trying new recipes and having them look like the picture in the cook book
This is a short list. Do you have a list? What is on your list? If you are not sure what to write on your list try exercising some mindfulness skills over the next few days. Observe your reactions to activities you are engaged in. Also, below are a few suggestions from all about the latest buzz blog
- Dig into the past.
- Create a “happy” list
- Define your responsibilities